Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Behind enemy lines 2

Oh dear, oh dear. Professor Ron's been too confrontational again. The only other conclusion is that the feminists and their hangers-on are just too sensitive to play with. The tiniest scrape to their ego and they're banning you from the sand pit. Come on!

Anyway, I found a  hilarious group of dingbats called Wipeout sexism on FB, whose motto is 'Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.' It's on a par with ideas like 'the world is ruled by space aliens', except that these feminists are self-appointed guardians of political correctness and try to get things they don't like censored. They don't like The LAD Bible, and they certainly don't like No Means Yes and Yes Means Anal, for example. Pointing out that they were serving as a reference library for such links and thanking them for it probably offended them. Linking to Nighthawk Plaza with the words, "I think you're going to hate my blog, and I think I'm going to like that," probably didn't help. But of course, people who go in for censorship are notoriously difficult to provoke into a discussion about censorship...or anything else, for that matter. They censor. They delete things. What they can't delete themselves, they try to get others to delete. It's what they do.

I thought I'd fare better with Women And Girls Should Rule The World, Men And Boys Should Serve. Not really a feminist coven, I thought. More of a dominatrix thing. It seemed like fun, so I didn't think they'd mind me joining the game and doing a little deconstruction. There are entries like:

"Describe your thoughts on this picture in detail."


My comment: "The woman in a passive role again. Yawn."

Another one:

"In detail, what you think/notice?"



My comment:

"NAKED MAN: At last, a woman with some pep. Trouble is, she looks like a drag queen. Now, where's that sheep...?"
 
 
 
 
Blocked, banned, shunned, excluded.... Not even a funny reply to quote here.
 
 
This is a difficult project.

No comments:

Post a Comment